In response to calls over the last few days from some athletes and families on how they can pay this years fees, we are now publishing information on fees for 2020/21.
Paying fees now is in preparation for the remainder of 2020/early 2021 given the changes in the events programmes recently announced.
All classified athletes, class II1, II2, or II3 (Virtus or UKSA) can now pay their fees. Fees are payable across all sports.
We ask that your fees if at all possible, reach the UK Sports Association by 31st March 2020.
UKSA is the Virtus member nation for the UK/Great Britain. Each year we contact athletes for fees to be paid. The Virtus fee is then passed to them by UKSA. Please note that ‘Virtus’ is the new name for ‘Inas’.
Who needs to pay?
All athletes in the UK who are classified are asked to pay. If your classification number (UK or international) starts with ’20’ you do not have to pay any fees for 2020.
If you are making your first application, please make sure that your UKSA application fee and Virtus registration fee is paid when you send your application.
How do I make my payment?
Please, where possible, make sure your payment reaches UKSA by 31st March 2020. You can pay as follows:
On-line banking (preferred) or in a bank
Account Name: UK Sports Association
Use athlete’s name and sport as reference. Once paid, please email us so that we can allocate your payment.
Cheques payable to ‘UK Sports Association’. Put athlete name and sport on the back of the cheque. Send to UK Sports Association, PO Box 1318, Enfield, Middlesex EN1 9ZH
- Please do not pay fees directly to Virtus.
- These are annual fees
- For international fees, exchange rates have been taken into consideration
- UKSA will inform Virtus which athletes should be updated to ‘active’ on the master list.
UKSA is aware that for some British events at national level and some other international events, organisers rely on the Virtus master list to check whether an athlete is listed as “active”. Some organisers expect an athlete to be listed as “active” for international classification opportunities. This is not a Virtus requirement but a decision for those other organisations. We look forward to receiving your fees.
How much do I need to pay?
It depends on which level of athlete classification you have. Please decide if you are a) an international level athlete or b) a UK level athlete, then follow the instructions below.
For International Athletes on the Virtus Master List (all sports) Class II1, II2, II3
Option 1: If you want to be seen as active on the Virtus Master list and recognised as a UK Athlete, please pay a total of £44.
With this option an athlete:
- Is recognised for the next year by UKSA, Virtus and other UK and international federations as classified
- Is listed as ‘active’ for the next year on the Virtus Master List and UKSA database.
- Can enter UK events, or be considered for Virtus and other international events (subject to event criteria, classification rules and standards)
- Is eligible for consideration for Virtus events
Option 2: If you want to be recognised as a UK athlete only, but don’t want to be seen as active on the international Virtus Master list, then please pay a total of £15
With this option an athlete is:
- Recognised for the next year by UKSA and other UK organisers only as a classified athlete.
- Able to enter some UK events (subject to event criteria and standards)
- Cannot be considered for Virtus events
- Will be listed as ‘inactive’ on the Virtus master list
For UK level Athletes only (UKSA classified) All Sports, all classes
If you want to be recognised as a UK athlete for the next year then please pay £15 only.
Once paid, a UK athlete:
- Is recognised for the next year by UKSA and other UK organisers as classified and listed as active on UKSA database only
- Can enter some UK events (subject to event criteria, standards)
UKSA (UK Level) classified athletes cannot be considered for Virtus international events. If an athlete wishes to be eligible for consideration for Virtus events, a Virtus international classification will be necessary. Please contact the UK Sports Association to start the process.